Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

From the Newsletter


Here it is, the middle of July and I seem to have come down with yet another case of acute bronchitis, or what I like to call, "The Re-occurring Chest Cold of Doom."  Apparently I'd been burning the candle a both ends, and had not been sleeping or eating properly....so my immune system decided to take a summer vacation without me.

While taking a forced rest, it occurred to me that some of you might not get my latest newsletter (or it got caught up in an over-zealous spam filter) so I thought I'd share it here, as well.

Feel free to share and pass along.  It's so cool to meet new people who love nature and art. :)


SUMMER NEWSLETTER
Laura G. Young
Bird & Nature Art

Hello, friend!

I hope you've been having a fantastic summer so far. It's been a crazy busy one for me; but I wanted to take a bit of time to share what I've been up to, and to let you know about some upcoming shows.

 
New Work at the Keimig Gallery of Western Art



If you or anyone you know are going up to visit Yellowstone National Park between now and late September, be sure to stop by the Keimig Gallery of Western Art (124 East Ramshorn Dubois, Wyoming 82513) where you can see the latest in my “Birds of the Rockies” series on display. This is my first summer season at the gallery, and I'm so excited at the possibility of my work being seen by visitors from all over the United States – and the world.


Yurt Trip



A couple of weeks ago, several friends and myself trekked into the Colorado backcountry, camped out in a yurt, and painted from sunup to sundown for four days. We had to not only pack enough food and gear to last us the entire trip, but all of our painting supplies, as well! Thankfully this year we didn't encounter any ill-tempered moose; but two of our intrepid group did have a run-in with a bear, thankfully at a distance. We also experienced an impressive thunderstorm that walloped the yurt with buckets of rain. Good thing I'd thought to pack Ziploc bags to keep my paintings dry...


Solo Art Show   





If you'd like to see even more of my work, including a few pieces that I've NEVER shown to the public before, not even online, head over to the upstairs gallery at Wolverine Farm Letterpress & Publick House (316 Willow St, Fort Collins, CO 80524). My solo show, “Winged Visages: Bird Portraits by Laura G. Young” will be running from now until the end of the month. It'd be great to see you there!


Expressions Art Exhibition & Sale





Finally, I'm also going to have yet another set of paintings – including some from the aforementioned yurt trip – showing concurrently at the 3rd Annual Expressions Art Exhibition & Sale (The Carnegie Building, 200 Matthews St., Fort Collins, CO 80524) This will run from July 25th through August 4th, with the artist reception being on the First Friday Art Walk, August 3rd, 6-9pm. From the glimpses I've gotten of the other artists' work, this should be our bestest exhibition yet.


So that about sums things up so far. What have YOU been up to this summer? Send me an email back – or tell me in person at the upcoming reception. :)




*********


Laura's Links

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Laura-G-Young
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LauraGYoung
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/laura_g_young
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraGYoung







No comments: