Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Book Signing


This past weekend Chad and I drove down to Lafayette, Colorado for the booksigning session.  It was great to finally see my illustrations in print, and to catch up with C.J. and his family.
 
Author C.J. Berry and his new book

We spent several hours meeting with various people and chatting about writing, illustrating, and birds, birds, birds.  It was really neat to see people's reactions to Chris's story and the drawings that I'd worked on all those months ago.


Customers reading the first chapter
 
Signing away.

Since C.J. was signing copies, I signed them as well -- with a little drawing in each one. It ended up being a fun challenge, as I (perhaps not so wisely) offered to depict ANY bird that the readers wanted: sparrows, cardinals, owls, jays, a flicker, a nuthatch...even a penguin made its way onto the first page. 

All in all, it was a good time, and I learned a lot about this very important aspect of the publishing process. C.J. plans to do several more of these signing sessions along the Front Range between now and the end of the year, so stay tuned to the blog and/or my Twitter and Facebook accounts for updates.